Chicken with chocolate and cherry sauce.
You will need:
25g(1oz) coarse salt
2 boneless,skinless chicken breasts
1 TS olive oil
240ml chicken stock
50g dried cherries
50ml balsamic vinegar
25g unsweetened chocolate chopped
1 TS brandy or orange juice
1. Mix the salt and water in a bowl. Add the chicken and leave for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
2. Remove the chicken from the brine, rinse and pat dry.
3. Roll the chicken in flour, patting gently to ligthy coat, leave to rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
4. Heat the butter and oil in a pan over medium heat and cook until the butter begins to brown slightly lay the chicken breasts in the pan to cook,undisturbed until brown, about 5 minutes.
5. Turn the chicken pieces over and cook in the second side,until thoroughly cooked. Remove the chicken and keep warm.
6. Add the chicken stock to the pan,scraping to release any brown bits. Boil until reduced and thickened.
7. Add the cherries and vinegar, stirring for another 5minutes, or until a spoon scraped across the bottom of the pan leaves a visible path in the sauce.
8. Stir in the chocolate and brandy or orange juice. Serve with chicken.